Sunday, December 14, 2008

a different kind of fun :)

This wasn't much time ago. We've all heard the daunting tales of saddened high school students with not much to do but study, worse lived those years, with a direct implication of the times being misplaced somewhere in the memories of the four years to come, a lot more brilliant, and a lot more agreeable with life..
Those two years were primarily spent by me sharing the best camaraderie I could have, with my own folks, coz friends at that point in time, never seemed to budge. I remember going to late-night dinners and movies after two day skips with parents who'd never shoot me down, granting me the 'little-break', that they so truely thought I deserved. I kinda get high on evenings., and everytime Dad would drive us back home, I'd make a mental note never to repeat similar evenings once in college, to be finally breaking away from the family structure and follow the generic freaking out concept, in the most bizarre way..
I did. I've been doing the most weird stuff for the last year and a half. Something, and I don't know what, could possibly have been the Gpa, has made me halt for a moment, and look back. I'm glad I know it's time to undo things in my own life, and I need no art of living course to teach me that. Of all things that I realised in the past week and half, the thing that's stayed and shall, even if for the briefest time, is that everyone moves on ahead in life, and you can't do much about it. You'd meet people at so many inceptions of relationships of such apparent interest, but the moment you'd lose the count of steps unmatched, they'd deviate. All, but your folks, no matter how progessive/cool/great. And that you can always count on them to allow you restructure yourself into the person you want to be. It's one of the very few, and possibly the only thing that I love about the Indian society.

A complete day out with family works like rehab.

1 Comments:

Blogger Magic Mukul said...

and u dont hv to spend a penny on family gttghr :P

December 16, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home