the engagement.
"One fine morning you'd wake up and you wont be able to recognise yourself".
I have been waking up to more tha just one such flaccid mornings in the last couple of days. Everyone manages to have arranged beliefs/ misgivings/ entire well sought ideas about themselves to scaffold them through those days of doubts, no matter how unreasonable or widely mocked they maybe, I'm not quite sure if anyone, or speaking for myself, I, have ever been deceived by them, until this day that is,
The Engagement. Huge they said, and huger it turned outta be. Everyone was required to be in the hall by 7:30 p.m, only to have people managing a decent shower by then., by the end of which the huge, terribly kempt house had men and women, boys and girls, all dressed in rich, shiny attires, men rubbing their fluffed hair as women felt each others fabric, secretly filling with pride having managed something more expensive , if not fancier. I was ready too by then, Ashish wasnt around, clicked some pics with Ashu, who I reckon looked the best I have seen of him. We hi5ed , joked of how we'd all do the pretty ladies in, and basked in the glory of the eventful evening.
Only if we had known...
I vividly remember holding the silver tray wrapped in candies as we walked in the venue. It was pretty. The ambience had been done up nicely, and everything seemed perfect, until that is ,we walked into the hall. It was crowded by guys and gals alike, tall, elite, overdressed, guys and gals who rather luked like super models picked right up from Runway ramps. The sight of it was rudely appalling. None of the women that stood der dorned an Indian outfit, rather traded tha wid flowing gowns and little black dresses, guys walked around wid shiny long hair wearing tuxedos that flipped me out, completely. Ashus yetta be brother and sister in law were complete intimidating sights in themselves. The guy wore this uber incredibly shiny bronze tux, that Ashu later told me was an Armani he'd bought from UK for freakin 2200 pounds. My poor little sisters were totally smitten by him , and yes, that didnt help in the least. The ultra feline, skinny chick , who for a change sported a saree and tossed up hair, had the gait of a regular socialite and the first girl who managed to blow me away completely, turned outta be Ashu's fiances elder sister, whos endured 2 yrs of marriage. Me and Ashish, feeling like celebs whod worn flip flops to a red carpet, found ourselves seats in the darkest corner of the hall, only to whine about why we dont stand over 6 feet talk or have such pretty faces. I have neva felt this ugly before. Worse still, my super power to bitch and curse failed to come to rescue as well , couldnt manage to dismiss the comments that Akhriti made on women I wanted to see, and men I wanted to be.
I realised this weekend that theres a completey different league of lookers on this planet, a league I never had seen before, a league I have never interacted with, a league that no girl I have ever come across can ever manage to fit in. They werent jus pretty people. They were pretty , rich people, in provocative clothing, and heavy accents. Everything that I either aim for or turns me on. This league of pretty people should not be meddled with, or can leave average goers like us, totally suicidal on how unlucky and super ugly we are.
period
sighs.
I have been waking up to more tha just one such flaccid mornings in the last couple of days. Everyone manages to have arranged beliefs/ misgivings/ entire well sought ideas about themselves to scaffold them through those days of doubts, no matter how unreasonable or widely mocked they maybe, I'm not quite sure if anyone, or speaking for myself, I, have ever been deceived by them, until this day that is,
The Engagement. Huge they said, and huger it turned outta be. Everyone was required to be in the hall by 7:30 p.m, only to have people managing a decent shower by then., by the end of which the huge, terribly kempt house had men and women, boys and girls, all dressed in rich, shiny attires, men rubbing their fluffed hair as women felt each others fabric, secretly filling with pride having managed something more expensive , if not fancier. I was ready too by then, Ashish wasnt around, clicked some pics with Ashu, who I reckon looked the best I have seen of him. We hi5ed , joked of how we'd all do the pretty ladies in, and basked in the glory of the eventful evening.
Only if we had known...
I vividly remember holding the silver tray wrapped in candies as we walked in the venue. It was pretty. The ambience had been done up nicely, and everything seemed perfect, until that is ,we walked into the hall. It was crowded by guys and gals alike, tall, elite, overdressed, guys and gals who rather luked like super models picked right up from Runway ramps. The sight of it was rudely appalling. None of the women that stood der dorned an Indian outfit, rather traded tha wid flowing gowns and little black dresses, guys walked around wid shiny long hair wearing tuxedos that flipped me out, completely. Ashus yetta be brother and sister in law were complete intimidating sights in themselves. The guy wore this uber incredibly shiny bronze tux, that Ashu later told me was an Armani he'd bought from UK for freakin 2200 pounds. My poor little sisters were totally smitten by him , and yes, that didnt help in the least. The ultra feline, skinny chick , who for a change sported a saree and tossed up hair, had the gait of a regular socialite and the first girl who managed to blow me away completely, turned outta be Ashu's fiances elder sister, whos endured 2 yrs of marriage. Me and Ashish, feeling like celebs whod worn flip flops to a red carpet, found ourselves seats in the darkest corner of the hall, only to whine about why we dont stand over 6 feet talk or have such pretty faces. I have neva felt this ugly before. Worse still, my super power to bitch and curse failed to come to rescue as well , couldnt manage to dismiss the comments that Akhriti made on women I wanted to see, and men I wanted to be.
I realised this weekend that theres a completey different league of lookers on this planet, a league I never had seen before, a league I have never interacted with, a league that no girl I have ever come across can ever manage to fit in. They werent jus pretty people. They were pretty , rich people, in provocative clothing, and heavy accents. Everything that I either aim for or turns me on. This league of pretty people should not be meddled with, or can leave average goers like us, totally suicidal on how unlucky and super ugly we are.
period
sighs.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home