Before Sunrise, Before Sunset

I can't believe how insanely mushy I feel right now, its 2:45 a.m, I'm just done with the two most perfect movies I've seen in a long time, weird but my fingertips feel cold, and the exact middle of my chests experiencin violent ghoosebumps. I just loved it.
Before Sunset. Before sunrise, the sequel. Spanning an entire decade, both movies are about an American guy and a French girl, both complete strangers, who bang into each other on a train in France, and feel "a connection"., only to give all to the call within, and play plain absurd. Both movies essentially deal with extremely mundane conversations that the couple shares, about politics, sex, love, sexists, magic, reincarnations and more. The conversations at times may be taken totally absurd if one chooses to step outta the entire situation, but could never get more accurate if just enjoyed and laughed at, as what talks come outta the awkward moments when one meets someone so totally different and makes efforts to get along. It may sound so very stupid but both movies have every single frame with the two of them talking, at extremely ordinary locations, on extremely ordinary subjects, and one never realises only till the very end, how the connection truely evolves over such trivial conversations. Just blows me away how the director pulled such a concept off so brilliantly.
I remember having read a short story in class 10th, titled, "lady or the tiger". Probably the best story Ive ever read, remember every single detail of it, and have always promised myself to narrate it to every special person I ever come across in my life. Everyone else in my year loathed it though, quite understandably. The complete story evolves around this one particular moment, the climax of the story, where the protag is to make a decision, the reader is aquainted to the exact circumstances that lead to it, the suspense is heightened, and just when its close to climax, the story abruptly ends. The reader never knows wat decision the protag made, wise or rash, cruel or generous....its not a rhetorical question either, the protag is aquainted as a total human, with all his virtues and all his flaws, and its for the reader to decide what decision was made, depending upon how optimist/ pessimist the reader himself is about life. These two movies , offer an exact similar experience, and I loved it. The ends of both the movies leave dagger sharp questions that the audience have to decide, as the movie says on how "cynical or romantic they are". I am in absolute love with these two movies. Every single die-hard romantic out there should watch it, or atleast try to.

2 Comments:
u did no justice to spiderman
so much for my opinion!
give dese two and notebook to me sumtime
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home