Pre Bud-day Entry :)
The last hour and a half before I hop into the last year of my teens :( ..this feels worse than a 30th b'day actually, but its one more year to go before I trade tags from bein a potential loser to an absolute one :) ...im content :) , like never before, Manus asked me thrice for a gift he could get me, Dad's done that a lot more ,though he's hurriedly ruled out contact lenses-red shoes-a new cell and a gigantic watch from the list. Mum, this time, and for the first time eva, has made no offers.
I havn't been taking Manu's calls or getting into conversations with Dad of late, I think I'd wanna do tha' after I've managed a gift thats either too fancy or too revolting for me to get without much of an argument. Now that I think of it, I could really do without anything, anything but enough cash to treat my friends/aquaintaces/horrible-losers-I-gotta-putup-wid, I want no garments, which anyways is the worst/lamest birthday present any person can ever get, I dont want more body sprays wrapped in shiny silvers or golds from friends ,with notes reading their names loud on it, just incase I forget whichs-whos, Im anyways getting a car by the end of this year, I don't want no I-Pod, or fancy phones, or a laptop, or loud speakers , I don't want furniture for my room, or cowboy boots I'd craved for all middle school, I can totally do without a girfriend..and its taken me the betta part of this year to realise tha', I have the best of friends..in town, in the country, and beyond :) .
It's taken me nineteen years (taking away an hour and a quarter from it )to run outta things I wanna lie down on the floor.. on all my fours, and howl and fight for, only for Dad to give in to it,bloody soon. I'm not gonna pray the Good Lord for a decent board result this year, or a an entrance result, or any result for tha' matter, I'm just thankful for everything thats happened to me, so far, and as someone put it the other day " It could have been worse "... I get it this night, and no, college isnt the least of my concerns too :)
I couldnt have been more blessed, I couldn't have had friends I'd wanna treasure more, though I could really do with the morning workshop batch, it's too much of an effort welding in this scornful heat ;)
I havn't been taking Manu's calls or getting into conversations with Dad of late, I think I'd wanna do tha' after I've managed a gift thats either too fancy or too revolting for me to get without much of an argument. Now that I think of it, I could really do without anything, anything but enough cash to treat my friends/aquaintaces/horrible-losers-I-gotta-putup-wid, I want no garments, which anyways is the worst/lamest birthday present any person can ever get, I dont want more body sprays wrapped in shiny silvers or golds from friends ,with notes reading their names loud on it, just incase I forget whichs-whos, Im anyways getting a car by the end of this year, I don't want no I-Pod, or fancy phones, or a laptop, or loud speakers , I don't want furniture for my room, or cowboy boots I'd craved for all middle school, I can totally do without a girfriend..and its taken me the betta part of this year to realise tha', I have the best of friends..in town, in the country, and beyond :) .
It's taken me nineteen years (taking away an hour and a quarter from it )to run outta things I wanna lie down on the floor.. on all my fours, and howl and fight for, only for Dad to give in to it,bloody soon. I'm not gonna pray the Good Lord for a decent board result this year, or a an entrance result, or any result for tha' matter, I'm just thankful for everything thats happened to me, so far, and as someone put it the other day " It could have been worse "... I get it this night, and no, college isnt the least of my concerns too :)
I couldnt have been more blessed, I couldn't have had friends I'd wanna treasure more, though I could really do with the morning workshop batch, it's too much of an effort welding in this scornful heat ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home