~~worst day eva
its about to be 10. its gonna rain soon. mum and dad have been watching television for hours on end naw. thamman, whom i have finally sorted out things with is too busy to pay any amount to attention to my whining over my terrible scores, simran cant go through a complete conversation with me without reminding me of the car he's interested in buyin off my cousin, kumkum and I dont hav much to talk about today, discussed ever single detail this afternoon in cafe' coffee day, gurtejs in town, caught up wid him for more than an hour today as well, abhishek simply wudnt take my apologies and wudnt talk to me...its 10, its gonna rain, my parents are watching television, and I have noone to call, noone to talk to, noone to tell haw ive ruined the complete semester by blowing the end terms, noone to discuss why two strange girls were laughing cruelly when they saw me outside the audi today, noone to bitch about arnab whos stranded me and vidur nowhere by walking outta our workship group, noone to tell how blue I feel tonight...
the last 24 hours have been exceptionally traumatising. I have practically lost count of the number of times I got myself into deep shit, talked it out with people, and walked outta it , without the slightest dergee of discomfort, yet I wish I had done things differently...differently and how...
last afternoon started it all. aashish was hospitalised runnin a 104 degree. a couple of syringes , a page off a pantent pad with medication scribbed all over, and the evening had him back to being super cocky..we finally thought of going ahead with the movie plan that had been suffering untenable delays since eva.... somehow i convinced mamaji and dad to lemme drive the both of us to DTC , they flatly refused, i insisted, and went ahead wid it. it was all gud, the weather was ironically stormy, but driving never felt this way, what wid a cousin makin lewd comments about the women in my town rite beside me :) . it actually happened when I was trynna park the car in the parking lot there..hit a huge water pipe, the door at the back completely came off..simran said thats grand wasted, I dont rememba the last time i felt so stupid, or guilty or ashamed of myself, it would all make the fact tha im so irresponsible + unreliable so apparent.. hence, the arse in me, concocted an insane story- apparently it was when I and aashish had come back after watching the movie, did we realise tha someone had run into our car, and on inquiry the security guard told us about a certain woman who did that and left her phone number to be contacted for compensation. perfect! fool-proof!! ashish was all party to it! finally the sucking writer in me had come to the rescue. one loophole though- I was sure my dad isn gullible enough to buy the story this easy, hence i decided to call kumkum after the movie got over and play "the hag who hit the car and ran" . perfect. i felt more relaxed then. we got tickets to the chronicles of narnia an hour and a half before the show. The show was at exact 8 p.m. we waited long. the entry finally started, and thats just wen aashish realised that he was havin a relapse..i felt his forehead which was alarmingly warm, i handed the tickets to two perverse guys , the smiles on whose faces was louder than someone whod won a grand lottery.... we walked briskly to the parking.. I called up kumkum...she picked it up and I was halfway through telling her the details when the call got disconnected...the network was terrible..maybe it was the basement parking, I had no time to reconnect, aashish was getting worse.. we reached the car, the pipe right in front of it was running water like insane..the guy doing it naw looked half tempted to draw a dagger right through me...i drove back home, feeling aashish's forehead, checking the time on the watch, disconnecting kumkums calls, dodging the traffic...all at once. and thats jus when I realised tha the horn of the car has actually stopped working. garrreyyt! I made way home using obscene amounts of dipper plus shouting my lungs outta the bitches blocking my way. pulling over the car a lane before my own, I called up kumkum, told her the details, she agreed to help, and jus when I was to disconnect, she apologised about the previously disconnected call , coz of the bad network since she was in the basement parking of DTC that time!!!! LORD! the irony in my life is worse than in any of Shakespeare's stuff...dare ny1 term it overdone naw! i got back home..dad went berserk when I told him about the lady who hit the car, he checked it,, he was surprisingly calm when he saw the dent, said it was worth a 6-7 K , and he'd like to talk to the woman himself. shit. i thought of calling up kumkum and going alead with the plan, but strangely I confessed it all. dad obviously freaked out completely..mum was already howling for takin aashish along..we havnt told her about the car yet..it was all ohk finally, people hadnt overreacted as id expected them to, noone claimed that they already knew it was to come as I expected, I rememba goin back to bed 1:30 late night, having played cards with my cousins on the last night of their stay...
there was sudden commotion, all that I rememba was my mums face stoned with horror as she sobbed and ran outta my room having called me....i ran past her, clearly it was an emergency, every1 was crowded outside nanimas room...i hoped hard tha it wasn wat I feared it to be..nani was in a weird trance..her eyes were popped out, her body spread lifeless on the hard board bed mum made last night for her,, i dont rememba tha last time i felt so scared..nanis eyes were fixed hard on my mums face, she'd obviously lost all hope, kept mouthing "mein gayi" . everyone got her to the hospital in time..her sugar level had dipped....an hour and she was back smiling and heavily embarrassed of the way she had behaved tha time....for all I cared, I walked upto her, wrapped my arms tightly around her, knowing how close we were to losing her this time. 6:30 , and I was back to bed, but to wake up at 8:30, yet again, to collect my answer sheets from college this time..
its 11 .its started raining and mum and dad hav finally gone to bed. i feel no different though.
the last 24 hours have been exceptionally traumatising. I have practically lost count of the number of times I got myself into deep shit, talked it out with people, and walked outta it , without the slightest dergee of discomfort, yet I wish I had done things differently...differently and how...
last afternoon started it all. aashish was hospitalised runnin a 104 degree. a couple of syringes , a page off a pantent pad with medication scribbed all over, and the evening had him back to being super cocky..we finally thought of going ahead with the movie plan that had been suffering untenable delays since eva.... somehow i convinced mamaji and dad to lemme drive the both of us to DTC , they flatly refused, i insisted, and went ahead wid it. it was all gud, the weather was ironically stormy, but driving never felt this way, what wid a cousin makin lewd comments about the women in my town rite beside me :) . it actually happened when I was trynna park the car in the parking lot there..hit a huge water pipe, the door at the back completely came off..simran said thats grand wasted, I dont rememba the last time i felt so stupid, or guilty or ashamed of myself, it would all make the fact tha im so irresponsible + unreliable so apparent.. hence, the arse in me, concocted an insane story- apparently it was when I and aashish had come back after watching the movie, did we realise tha someone had run into our car, and on inquiry the security guard told us about a certain woman who did that and left her phone number to be contacted for compensation. perfect! fool-proof!! ashish was all party to it! finally the sucking writer in me had come to the rescue. one loophole though- I was sure my dad isn gullible enough to buy the story this easy, hence i decided to call kumkum after the movie got over and play "the hag who hit the car and ran" . perfect. i felt more relaxed then. we got tickets to the chronicles of narnia an hour and a half before the show. The show was at exact 8 p.m. we waited long. the entry finally started, and thats just wen aashish realised that he was havin a relapse..i felt his forehead which was alarmingly warm, i handed the tickets to two perverse guys , the smiles on whose faces was louder than someone whod won a grand lottery.... we walked briskly to the parking.. I called up kumkum...she picked it up and I was halfway through telling her the details when the call got disconnected...the network was terrible..maybe it was the basement parking, I had no time to reconnect, aashish was getting worse.. we reached the car, the pipe right in front of it was running water like insane..the guy doing it naw looked half tempted to draw a dagger right through me...i drove back home, feeling aashish's forehead, checking the time on the watch, disconnecting kumkums calls, dodging the traffic...all at once. and thats jus when I realised tha the horn of the car has actually stopped working. garrreyyt! I made way home using obscene amounts of dipper plus shouting my lungs outta the bitches blocking my way. pulling over the car a lane before my own, I called up kumkum, told her the details, she agreed to help, and jus when I was to disconnect, she apologised about the previously disconnected call , coz of the bad network since she was in the basement parking of DTC that time!!!! LORD! the irony in my life is worse than in any of Shakespeare's stuff...dare ny1 term it overdone naw! i got back home..dad went berserk when I told him about the lady who hit the car, he checked it,, he was surprisingly calm when he saw the dent, said it was worth a 6-7 K , and he'd like to talk to the woman himself. shit. i thought of calling up kumkum and going alead with the plan, but strangely I confessed it all. dad obviously freaked out completely..mum was already howling for takin aashish along..we havnt told her about the car yet..it was all ohk finally, people hadnt overreacted as id expected them to, noone claimed that they already knew it was to come as I expected, I rememba goin back to bed 1:30 late night, having played cards with my cousins on the last night of their stay...
there was sudden commotion, all that I rememba was my mums face stoned with horror as she sobbed and ran outta my room having called me....i ran past her, clearly it was an emergency, every1 was crowded outside nanimas room...i hoped hard tha it wasn wat I feared it to be..nani was in a weird trance..her eyes were popped out, her body spread lifeless on the hard board bed mum made last night for her,, i dont rememba tha last time i felt so scared..nanis eyes were fixed hard on my mums face, she'd obviously lost all hope, kept mouthing "mein gayi" . everyone got her to the hospital in time..her sugar level had dipped....an hour and she was back smiling and heavily embarrassed of the way she had behaved tha time....for all I cared, I walked upto her, wrapped my arms tightly around her, knowing how close we were to losing her this time. 6:30 , and I was back to bed, but to wake up at 8:30, yet again, to collect my answer sheets from college this time..
its 11 .its started raining and mum and dad hav finally gone to bed. i feel no different though.

2 Comments:
i can only say u r very candid...
**takes a bow :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home