There's something about Mary.
I've only ever had one girl cousin. There's a legend that does rounds in my family for years, and as it has it, my grandmother once stepped over a serpent, and killed it. That very night, she had the most wondrous dream; the serpent showed up and thanked her for having had liberated it, and proposed to fulfill two of her wishes. She asked for prosperity and a lot of boys in the subsequent generations. I think this is absolutely hilarious bullshit, as enthralling and outlandish as this story may seem, I refuse to accept that I'm a derivative of someone who was a sexist in a major way, and also the story's a bit of a bummer. The only way I always was reminded of this story all through my life was whenever anything in the family went wrong, and I'd have my grandmother lamenting over the wishes that she once made. She should have chosen happiness instead, she always complained.
And so, that's the reason I've always heard for only ever having one girl cousin, in my entire paternal family. So I didn't exactly have to put up much with fighting in the years when I really really hated women, their taste, and anything to do with them. The only time I weirdly remember, though really routine, was one summer when Ruby, the girl cousin, was around, and she watched a chick flick that I wouldn't get and I remember crying 2 long hours asking of her to switch the channel. She did not and I remember a lot of bright scenes, a lot of sunshine and a lot of pink.
The movie was, There's something about Mary. It's been in my head for the last decade, or even more. I did not remember any scenes from it, but this image of me crouching behing Ruby's back, peeping at the television set and asking her to change it, is a real vivid memory. Anyways, yesterday, at piratebay, a site for torrents that Kumkum swears by, I ran into the torrent for There's something about Mary, and downloaded it. It weirdly felt like completing a leftover episode, probably even erasing another childhood memory maybe now that I would see the movie, something I wasn't sure I wanted.
I just saw the movie. It was the regular feel good comedy, about a girl everyone loves. The movie ends with this conversation between Steller and Cameron, where Steller tells Cameron that none of the guys that ever claimed to love her, actually loved her; it only being a fixation with her, because of the way she made them feel about themselves. We guys can be real girls you know, akin a regular attention seeking whore. A girl can be ugly as shit, can be the worst conversationalist and can be more masculine than a dyke, but it all comes down to is if she makes you feel good about yourself. And that I think is all that stays. The worst part is that it's impossible getting over such women. Of all people, I'd know.
I called up Ruby at 2:15 :| . By the way, she's a married woman now, and is also 3 months pregnant. After assuring her it's no emergency but an only-to-catch-up call, I told her that I just saw There's something about Mary. She said she loves that movie. Obviously, she doesn't remember a lot.
It wouldn't have had been as terrible having more girls in the family. Late grandmother should have known better.,
And so, that's the reason I've always heard for only ever having one girl cousin, in my entire paternal family. So I didn't exactly have to put up much with fighting in the years when I really really hated women, their taste, and anything to do with them. The only time I weirdly remember, though really routine, was one summer when Ruby, the girl cousin, was around, and she watched a chick flick that I wouldn't get and I remember crying 2 long hours asking of her to switch the channel. She did not and I remember a lot of bright scenes, a lot of sunshine and a lot of pink.
The movie was, There's something about Mary. It's been in my head for the last decade, or even more. I did not remember any scenes from it, but this image of me crouching behing Ruby's back, peeping at the television set and asking her to change it, is a real vivid memory. Anyways, yesterday, at piratebay, a site for torrents that Kumkum swears by, I ran into the torrent for There's something about Mary, and downloaded it. It weirdly felt like completing a leftover episode, probably even erasing another childhood memory maybe now that I would see the movie, something I wasn't sure I wanted.
I just saw the movie. It was the regular feel good comedy, about a girl everyone loves. The movie ends with this conversation between Steller and Cameron, where Steller tells Cameron that none of the guys that ever claimed to love her, actually loved her; it only being a fixation with her, because of the way she made them feel about themselves. We guys can be real girls you know, akin a regular attention seeking whore. A girl can be ugly as shit, can be the worst conversationalist and can be more masculine than a dyke, but it all comes down to is if she makes you feel good about yourself. And that I think is all that stays. The worst part is that it's impossible getting over such women. Of all people, I'd know.
I called up Ruby at 2:15 :| . By the way, she's a married woman now, and is also 3 months pregnant. After assuring her it's no emergency but an only-to-catch-up call, I told her that I just saw There's something about Mary. She said she loves that movie. Obviously, she doesn't remember a lot.
It wouldn't have had been as terrible having more girls in the family. Late grandmother should have known better.,

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home