@%$%@$#%
Many people don't know that Kumkum Saini moved out of Chandigarh and now resides in the rural outskirts of Bhopal. But that's just because this doesn't change much for them, for me however, it's a life-changer. No matter how much I tease her about her not being able to frequent Kfc, Ovenfresh or any halls that show any decent movies, trhe truth of the matter is, Chandigarh is hardly the same without her. I haven't visited 35 for as long as a month now, since I hardly have a reason to, and it's not a very nice feeling.
It only reminds me of the series finale' of Sex and The City, when Carrie moving out of N.Y.C, uprooting all her life from a city that defines her, plans to move to Paris, the fashion Capital with a certain Alexander Petrovsky, and while on the way to the last supper with the girls, she finds her lover of six years waiting in a black limo outside her building. They squabble, they fight, they cry, until she storms out, turns around and yells 'And one more thing, you can drive this street all you want, coz I don't live here anymore!'.
I'm kinda glad Kumkum's departure from the city wasn't that dramatic, and she had most things settled with people she loved, or maybe not. But it was pretty calm and sorted, the moving out. I don't know if its' changed life for me much, we still speak over the phone often as we did previously, only we don't make make-belief plans to keep catching up that keep blowing apart. For all I know she might still be in the comfort of her house in 35, pretending to be miles away, wretched and finding her way with life. Carrie didn't do too good in Paris, Kumkum however, is no Carrie.
Placements start in my college. I'm a terrible student, with a C.G.P.A. standing at 7.6 with a training at a premiere loser industry within the tricity, and a consistent MBA percentile that is equivalent to nowhere my parents would send me. So, I'm fucked up. Not that I'm not trying. I swear I've been working hard, very hard indeed on my math, which just as it goes, is not my thing ever since I was a kid. I learnt ways to dodge it in middle school and found myself with Metallurgy because of it in college, and now that it is one-third of what is required of an MBA aspirant, I'm doing miserable. I'm just glad English is giving back as much as I've given to it for the last many years, probably the only reason I break into the nineties. I might do an MBA from some other nation if I'm not able to make it here, or from some other planet if I don't make it again. Fun way of procrastinating failure you know, promising you're made for bigger things in life.
I went to college again today after months. Still drains me of all my energy. God I hate PEC. The only fucking way, I see for these four years to end happily, is if I get a job, any job, in N.C.R. I've given up on being gifted and on the responsibility to change the world. I think I'm beginning to get okay with being ordinary, just takes so much pressure off.
It only reminds me of the series finale' of Sex and The City, when Carrie moving out of N.Y.C, uprooting all her life from a city that defines her, plans to move to Paris, the fashion Capital with a certain Alexander Petrovsky, and while on the way to the last supper with the girls, she finds her lover of six years waiting in a black limo outside her building. They squabble, they fight, they cry, until she storms out, turns around and yells 'And one more thing, you can drive this street all you want, coz I don't live here anymore!'.
I'm kinda glad Kumkum's departure from the city wasn't that dramatic, and she had most things settled with people she loved, or maybe not. But it was pretty calm and sorted, the moving out. I don't know if its' changed life for me much, we still speak over the phone often as we did previously, only we don't make make-belief plans to keep catching up that keep blowing apart. For all I know she might still be in the comfort of her house in 35, pretending to be miles away, wretched and finding her way with life. Carrie didn't do too good in Paris, Kumkum however, is no Carrie.
Placements start in my college. I'm a terrible student, with a C.G.P.A. standing at 7.6 with a training at a premiere loser industry within the tricity, and a consistent MBA percentile that is equivalent to nowhere my parents would send me. So, I'm fucked up. Not that I'm not trying. I swear I've been working hard, very hard indeed on my math, which just as it goes, is not my thing ever since I was a kid. I learnt ways to dodge it in middle school and found myself with Metallurgy because of it in college, and now that it is one-third of what is required of an MBA aspirant, I'm doing miserable. I'm just glad English is giving back as much as I've given to it for the last many years, probably the only reason I break into the nineties. I might do an MBA from some other nation if I'm not able to make it here, or from some other planet if I don't make it again. Fun way of procrastinating failure you know, promising you're made for bigger things in life.
I went to college again today after months. Still drains me of all my energy. God I hate PEC. The only fucking way, I see for these four years to end happily, is if I get a job, any job, in N.C.R. I've given up on being gifted and on the responsibility to change the world. I think I'm beginning to get okay with being ordinary, just takes so much pressure off.

2 Comments:
haha...happy realisation. All i think is that u just need to relax for a while.
The enerygy will come back. It has no other choice. and neither do u. :)
If I did bad on a driving test and good on another one, I'd not blame myself - I'd blame the first car.
It's not you, man.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home