Thursday, February 19, 2009

bleakness.

I got locked outside my house for an hour today. Apparently that happens to be the most exciting thing thats happened in the last one week.
Okay, sessionals begin this thursday. Given I have only 4 subjects this semester, it shouldn't prove to be much difficult. Though given the rate at which I've been bunking classes for the last two days, you never seem to know.
Today I got late for the Maths lesson and hence got the last bench to sit at, which was occupied by only one other guy. The guy was total crap to have a decent conversation with, I made several and full-efforted attempts to get the conversation flowing which looked like the only possible respite from the horrendous probability shit that's happening in the maths lectures this sem. So, he turned out to be a fourth yearite, Production Engineering Department, who assumed I belonged to the same, and automatically spent the next 20 minutes bashing metallurgy placements.
If I ever come across this post 2 years or more down the line, I'd like to remind myself of something. Jindal steels, a core company that happens to place most students from my branch each year, having had recruited 18 on the total 30 this year itself, has halted its recruitments for this sem, and this disturbing trend may continue. Strangely, I've learned not to give a rat's arse about it given that my folks dont either, they must be having alternate plans that they might not be ready to come out yet with..
Strangely enough, Prof. Uma Batra summoned four students from our class today, me, being one of them., and talked to us about how she'd like to see us pursue an MS. Apparently the Metallurgy Department of PEC, has only one professor, herself, and rest, are well, just redundant faculty. She told us that to pursue an MS, we'd require a minimum of three letters of recommendation, that she'd be very glad to contribute to tha, which only leave us with 2 more, that she said could be arranged by internships elsewhere. I really don't get why would I, or anyone from my year, ever pursue an MS now, something we all seemed to agree on, once outside her office.
The last 10 minutes of the discussion was so much fun. Everyone seemed to express their sheer disappointment with the department and whine pretty loud about just about everything. Since this happens to be my area of expertise, I happened to steal away everyone's thunder, if I may say so :)
I still seem to wonder why my folks are so super cool about everything these days.,
helps though.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ko said...

:) MS is fun,

February 20, 2009 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Divya said...

I'm laughing for no reason at all :)

February 21, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home